Types of bonds
- Court Cash Bond
10 % of the total bond is required and can be paid in the Floyd County Clerk’s Office during normal business hours. After hours, it can be paid in the Floyd County Sheriff’s Department jail lobby.
10 % of the total bond is paid to a bonding company. The Sheriff’s department maintains a list of approved bonding companies.
- Cash Only
Full Amount must be paid to Clerk’s Office or the Floyd County Sheriff.
The Floyd county Sheriff’s Department in partnership with the Floyd County Clerk’s Office accepts court cash bond payments after hours and on weekends and holidays. The Sheriff’s Department will only accept these payments when the Floyd County Clerk’s office is closed.
- The Sheriff’s Department accepts cash only and we cannot make change. No coins are accepted.
- You must bring exact payment in cash.
- A valid government ID is required for the person providing funds or deemed the payee.
- The payee must provide all information required by procedure.
- $5.00 special death benefit bond fee will be collected when bonding someone out of jail